September 30, 2012

Raspberry Pickin

Our neighbor told us about this great raspberry farm that
some homeowners in Payson have that is absolutely beautiful.
It is the cutest little neighborhood out in the middle of no mans' land. That's the beauty of it! 
I could see myself living in a little town like that or close to it.
So we headed up on Saturday afternoon, with plans to leave earlier but we couldn't get our act together.
 
Quickly realizing that we weren't wearing proper attire for farm living.
I was sweating bullets!  And for some reason Liv wanted to wear 18 layers. 
She loved more than anything talking with the neighboring cow,
which she said "he thinks he's gonna eat me for dinner"
 
This is a great activity for little ones, I would recommend kids over the age of 4 would be the most entertained.  It's small town honor code. You pay by cash or check and weigh your berries yourself.  We loved it, and probably will go back very soon.  I would suggest going soon however since we have been lucky enough to have beautiful weather this long so who knows how long this will last. 
If you want to go check it out here are the directions.
 
1. Going south on I-15.
2. Take exit 250 (1st Payson exit)
3. Turn RIGHT at Yield sign.
4. Cross RR tracks and take your first immediate LEFT at 9600 South.
5. Continue West about 3 miles enjoying the country scenery!
6. At STOP sign turn LEFT (south) on 5600 West.
7. Continue South for 2.3 miles.
8. Turn RIGHT on 11450 South. (there isn't a street sign, but you will be entering a neighborhood)
9. The farm is at the top of the hill on the LEFT. 
 
 
On the way home we saw a bunch of black cows and Liv blurts out
"They are wearing all black"
Gotta love her and her 4 yr old little brain!








No comments: