February 9, 2012

one fish, two fish.....

Look at that face!!!  That screams boredom.  O needs to be entertained 24/7.
So when she got two fish from a birthday party (thanks Tandy)
she was stoked thinking that her and her knew BFF are going to have a grand time.
Swinging at the park, doing cartwheels, eating goldfish (oops bad idea to introduce to your new friend "FISHY").

And then she realized all the gosh darn thing does is sit there. It's worse than a cat.
I know don't mock me for my lack of enthusiasm and the so called "home" aka old vase I gave Fishy to call home and settle in.




She loved her pets.
Until the one of the two went belly up no lie 12 hrs after we opened our doors. 
I wasn't there for the death. 
Daddy got to take care of explaining to the child
how sometimes bad things happen to good fish.

Then when the clock stuck 12 again, 24 hrs total within the walls of our home,
numero dos kicked the can.
Don't ya know we aren't a pet friendly family? 
(Besides a dog one day, and a big one like a horse)

Once again I must have great timing when it comes to explaining awful things to your child, because I was gone again when Fish #2 went happily to see his fish family.
Daddy and Liv had a burial ceremony, hovering over the toilet.

The thing I will remember most is when Olivia caught me going to the bathroom for the first time after flushing her dear friend. 
She comes in and yells "Mommy you are sitting on my fish"

 

2 comments:

Tandy said...

oh poor baby! I just wanted to be the good aunt to give her the first pet...haha! Hey she learned about the circle of life right? Sorry!

Lindsay and Mike said...

Oh no. So sad. I'm glad you didn't sit on her fish though. :)