October 24, 2010

Pumpkin Patch

Rather than getting ripped off at the local Wally World (which I already did) we decided to keep the tradition alive and go to a local pumpkin patch that a friend on mine does in his back yard. 
He is so generous and kind. He does this out of his own pocket and all he asks is that you pay for your pumpkins by donating to the Perpetual Educational Fund.  It's fun. It's local. It's a good way to spend family time. It's a good way to not be cheap skates and still donate to a local fund. 

It was fun. It took us about 45 minutes and I believe picking up every pumpkin there to find the perfect one. Olivia would pick one up and say "oh that's nasty" and put it down.  I look forward to this every year and I love this time of year.  Halloween is my favorite holiday and I can't get enough of it.