August 16, 2010

Grandma Murph's

My family is so good about going and seeing my Grandma, I need to learn this lesson from them and do it more often. So when the offer presented itself (which I know my Grandma's invitation is always there) I had to go.

Jon and Debbie and I took all the kids first to the good ole fish tank at Cabela's. Which for our family is probably the furthest place from our comfort zone as possible. Maybe not for Jon, he's our adventure man in the family, we will count on him to supply our food if we needed to hunt for it someday.  After that adventure lasted about 4 minutes before the children were bored we loaded all up in the Mormon Mobile Mom Minivan and headed off to McDonald's.  We met Grandma there and enjoyed ourselves a nice cold Diet Coke beverage. 

After that we must go see Cuddles (the dog) and play at Grandma's. What's a trip to Springville without going to see her.  This house has such great memories. It's crazy to see my daughter running around in the yard where I used to spend countless Sunday afternoon's there playing Hot Box, Ann I Over, Tick, Baseball and so on! 
I remember playing with my girl cousins inside and pretended we had a restaurant and we would dress up in Grandma's old clothes and shoes and act like we were bazillionairs and were royalty.  I still remember these brown boots that she had, I would kill to have those vintage boots now!
I also remember calling a 1-900 # and then blaming it on the littlest girl cousin Nancy. Sorry Nancy you always got blamed for everything. 
It was a great time and a great reminder of how short life is and how to remember to take time to share your time, you're precious time with those you love!! I love you Grandma! 

No comments: