As my sister can confirm I have literally had these rain boots for approximately
5 YEARS, waiting and waiting for them to be put to good use.
RAIN OR SHINE!
It was one of many items I purchased years in advance to Olivia coming into our lives.
And what happens?
I mis-placed them.
I was almost in tears, ok not really but it was heartbreaking to know that they are size that Olivia is in right now.
I have literally turned my house upside down looking for them.
Jill has even searched stores in hopes of finding a replacement for them.
I just couldn't do it, my heart belonged to these boots.
So it finally clicked....I remembered a pair of shorts from last summer that I was looking for.
Do you see a pattern here?
How sad!
I remembered that there was a basket full of white dress shirts that Casey used to wear to work in his closet.
I KNEW IT IN THAT MOMENT!
I practically ran to the closet, lifted up the shirts and WAALAAA!!
There they were.
Can you see how easily the simple things in life make me so happy?
Needless to say I almost went into Olivia's room in the middle of the night to see if they still fit.
I didn't.
I waited until the morning and you betcha that was the first thing we did was try those bad boys on.
She LOVES them.
So much that she wants to wear them everywhere.
So I let her!
Even with mis-matched clothes.
So brave I know.
The first time we put them on she did say,
""Mama they are tite" (tight)
Loved this picture. She always does these little stances with her feet.
I just know she is going to be a dancer.
Plus she looks like a GO GO DANCER and looks like she could be a backup dancer on Austin Powers.

5 comments:
Oh! Those boots are so cute!!! I can see why you were so attached to them! They are darling! So glad you found them.
Can you use your magical powers to find my missing peep-toe heels and brown dress? MISSING!
Olivia is adorable btw.
Cute! I love shoes too! I'm glad you found them for her.
Oh my heaven!!
I am sooo glad you finally found the boots cuz I have been sick n tired of hearin' about it! LOL! Just kidding but I am super excited cuz they are super duper cute!
Post a Comment