February 16, 2010

Egg Head



Egg Head. Thats what I think we are going to turn into somedays around here. We all are somewhat like Julia Roberts in "Run Away Bride" in that we are trying to figure out what type of eggs we all like.

We all like, I mean LOVE eggs.

And thats really the point of this post is really to remember this, Olivia will not eat eggs that her Father has made.

She somehow, someway knows when I have made the eggs and she eats them up!

What can I say, she loves her mommy's eggs! At least I cook one thing she likes, besides cookies, cupcakes, frozen nuggets and the infamous FRIES!

I love Casey's eggs, he likes mine. We love to cut up fresh tomatoes and add them to the top. I actually love a little tabasco sauce, it gives it a little kick.

It is a running joke in our family that I burn the eggs.

Heres my theory..

While Casey may make eggcellent (ha ha got it)eggs, he is doing just that and only that. Standing above the stove, watching very carefully, turning every 3.2 minutes. Adding the cheese at the perfect moment.

I however, am doing 12 things at the same time. starting the eggs, load the wash, answer the phone, kick the bike out the kitchen path, keep an eye on Olivia, sneak a few M&Ms, turn down the TV (how did it get so LOUD in here!), oh yea the EGGS, pick up the M&Ms that just spilled on the floor because Liv saw mommy eat some and she wanted some, turn off the 8 lights in the house that don't need to be on, wink at my hubby, OH CRAP THE EGGS!!!

And that my friends is how I manage to burn the blessed eggs. Oh well he eats them and likes them. He never complains, just laughs. And he is smart enought to know that he is lucky to get three square meals a day and I THIS ISN'T A CAFETERIA!!!

1 comment:

Ashlee said...

That's funny. In our house, we have "mommy eggs" and "daddy eggs". I'm kinda weird about my eggs and I'm more like Casey. My kids will only eat "mommy eggs". No brown, perfectly melted cheese, a bit of salt no pepper. If daddy makes them, we tell them daddy made "mommy eggs" so they'll at least give them a try. But they usually don't. :) They just look different. There's just something about eggs in general. Glad it's not just us.