November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009!

This year is a little different than in years past, however still so much to be grateful for.
First of all my Grandparents (and Casey's to sorry no picture). Because without them none of us would be here and where we are today!

My dear sweet mother who hosted 43 people at her house!! AND ALERT ALERT she even did paper plates after years of convincing her to do so!!!! Bless you my lady!!

About the only picture we got as half of our family, since Olivia wasn't feeling all that well I ended up taking her for a drive. So bummer didn't really eat Thanksgiving dinner and came home just in time for the last peice of Banana Cream Pie to be eaten up! Sounds like a scene from a bad Christmas movie, not really it's called Parenthood.
Oh well it was great to see everyone, just wish I had more time to catch up with everyone. I am so lucky to have an amazing family, they all ROCK!!

Half of the group!


The "naughty" children were apparently sent to the basement quarters, I know because that's were I ended up.


Then my mom thought it would be fun to gather all the grandkids around and pop Popcorn!! Ya know the good old fashion way with the machine you plug in, pour the seeds into, and get the 16 year old Tupperware dish out to have the popcorn pour out to. Oh and try and not get 3rd degree burns in the meantime becuase it gets so hot!! The kids loved it and thought we were really old like the Pioneers!!!


Can't you see the anticipation??

Then we decided to get up and go shopping, after literaly texting Jill at 5:30 in the morning to find out what time. It was great after deciding not to leave until about 9.
We hit Old Navy, and Target, then the Mall, prior to me getting a phone call that Casey was taking Olivia to the hospital because the doctors office wasn't sure if she had the swine flu or what and wanted to do more tests on her. Thus the abrupt end to my shopping Extravangza, not that I was really doing all that much shopping in the first place. We did however manage to embarrass oursleves, as I always do, while taking a picture.
And somehow I always seem to get volunteered to put on the ridiculous hats, outfits, etc. Oh well, I'm in!!!


2 comments:

nancy said...

Looks like so much fun. I miss you. Hope you are feeling better, love ya

Amy M. said...

Can I be a part of the family? I'm pretty crazy...I'm sure I would fit in perfectly!