October 12, 2009

It's a new day!




As challenges come and go, or you just adjust your life according to what is going on. I am learning that each day I have a choice.
A choice to make it a new day.
A choice to laugh.
A choice to cry.
A choice to dwell on the past, or look at the future.
A choice to be a wench or choose to be happy!
A choice to compare myself or choose to be myself!

It was a good weekend. I had some great laughs at a "girl's party".
I bursted into tears as I got pulled over by Provo Police. Of course then I think.....Great I not only get to show up to a party late, but better yet with red eyes. LOVELY!!!

I had a cancellation of an appointment for Saturday morning, which I was bummed about, but then I thought that means more time with my two favorite people just relaxing and doing NOTHING! What a beautiful thing.

I then thought it was time that I take my hot hubby out for a date. We need now more than ever to spend some quality time together. We went and saw the new movie "Couple's Retreat" and then we went to our favorite park. Its funny this is where we had our first kiss, and we always seem to come back to this park for good moments and good conversations.



Today I really realized that I have a drama queen on my hands. Don't get me wrong I knew it already, but it was emphasized on days like today. I take some responsibility for this however she is "all girl" and drama should be her middle name. I love the little squirt and she is hilarious but some days I can't help but shake my head and brace myself for the years ahead.

I had to put her in Time Out for the first time. I think she got the idea that hitting Mom is not such a great idea. After the third hit, I did it! I spanked her. Oh I felt awful, but she needed it. I don't believe in this really, but I also don't believe in letting your child walk all over their parents. Its a very fine line but when needed it needs to be taken care of. So after our little melt down, she actually was very cuddly and nice to her MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! (Which is how she yells it!! And for those of you who have witnessed that, it is something great all in itself.

She then found some cupcakes!!!! Ok really I think she noticed them earlier and then when Mommy and Daddy were busy and weren't looking she reached up to the counter and made the plate fall on the floor. Quickly grabbed not one but two cupcakes and came into the bathroom to show me. And I kid you not, I said "Oh Boy, where did you get those?" and she responded "DADDY!" ummmm not true!!!

She then continued to plop herself on the floor, in front of the mirror and watch herself eat these yummy treats. After I let her enjoy them for a few minutes I tried to distract her and take them away. Ladies and Gentlemen I now give you Meltdown #2 for the day!!!

8 comments:

Jill said...

I love YOU! And I love your posts! I love your thoughts about what choices we have each day. So true! And better yet ... I love that cute, adorable, somewhat dramatic little angel! As you well know, I have one of those on my hands, too! I love you Livvy!

Have a great day little sis and remember how awesome I think you are!

Hugs and kisses ... your big sis

TheShippenFamily said...

I need to come buy some bows!! The one in Olivia's hair is adorable. When can I come by?

Ashlee said...

Oh... the fun of girls. BRACE YOURSELF. :) It's loads of fun, but more drama than you can imagine. And I'm only 4 years ahead of you! We can cry together during teen years. She's adorable and thankfully, the tantrums are a sign that all is well and she's a happy, healthy kid. I try to remember that.

I too, want some bows. We still hope to come for Thanksgiving, but it's a possibility that I may need to have you send me some pictures and ship them. I'll pay you for time and hassle, I swear!

Thanks for the good reminders about our choices each day. Love ya all!

Sommer said...

Hi, I am Jill's friend Sommer. I don't know if you remember, but I ran into you at Robert's a while back. Anyway, I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy reading your blog! I love how you are so good at writing what you are "thinking"! Anyway, I loved your choices list! I too say "Yeah, tomorrow is a NEW day"! Thanks for your inspiration on making good choices! Something I needed to hear! Just thought I would comment, I know everyone doesn't, and sometimes it is nice to hear that you are making a difference in someone's life, even by one little thing you say!
Thanks! :o)

Kristin said...

This post made me smile. I am happy you are in a good place. Love you lots...

nancy said...

Amy you are so right you never know whats going to happen in life. You do have a choice on how you are going to deal with it.
I am sorry that you got a ticket on the way to my house for the girls party.... I am however so happy you came.
Cant wait for the Halloween party.....
Love ya

Jessa said...

She is so cute, it was fun to see her the other day! That dress is adorable where did you get it?

Paul/Heather said...

its funny the things we dont say-but can feel in a blog entry.

I hope things are looking up and you get to enjoy your holidays!!

Olivia is adorable and I love hearing what she is up to.