April 7, 2008

Our Weekend!


Okay so we had here's our weekend in review!!
1. First and of course most importantly - Conference! This is when I realize the most that I have no attention span, getting me to sit still for 4 hours or 15 minutes is torture. So needless to say I am not the one who is dressed in my Sunday best sitting down taking notes! Chill people I do listen and I actually do better when I am doing things, so I did learn and grow this weekend. And I love President Monson!

2. I HATE Thia food, anyone who knows me, knows that I am a cheap date. Take me to Chevron for a hot dog an I'm good. We thought it would be a good experiment to try something new. UM not so much, at least for me, Casey loved it. And yes, he took me to Sonic afterwards to get a hot dog and a Route 44 Diet Coke baby. Why mess with perfection???

3. I am a new Aunt. We welcomed "Nolan #2" or Andrew is what his parents will call him into the world. Bless his mothers heart, she did awesome, all 98 lbs of her!! Congrats Guys!

4. My Grandpa celebrated his birthday this weekend. He loves more than anything to be surrounded with his kids/grand kids/and great grand kids and play of course a little Rook. My grandma and grandpa are such a good example and we love them for that.

5. Whew, and please tell me I'm not the only one who has experienced this but I had a little melt down on Sunday, with what else but "what to wear"? I hate deciding what to wear... do I go with the pants that make my butt look like I swallowed a whale?? .... do I go with the shirt that wasn't tight once but now it is so I spend the entire evening sucking in my tummy?? Why can't we all just pretend we go to a private school and wear uniforms? Any takers??? Or heck I'd even go for a potatoe sack that covered me from head to toe. That would be HOT!

9 comments:

CaraDee said...

Okay babe, your butt is HOT. Please don't complain about it.

Jill said...

I LOVE it! You always make me laugh. Your butt, of all the butts in the world, could never look like you SwAlLoWeD A WHALE! What are talking about? But hey, I am ALL for the potato sack or uniform idea. It would certainly make life easier!

Have a great day! I love ya lots!

nancy said...

Amy this is one of the reasons I love you so so much! First off how cute is that pic of grandpa and grandma?Love it good job.

I am with you on the outfit melt down, been there many a times. But just so you know you could never look fat and I think the only way you could look like you swallowed a whale is if you did in fact swallow a whale. Even then I would still want your body!!! Love ya.

natalie said...

You are so funny! I totally have had the clothing meltdown before. I have more clothes than I need yet, I all of sudden I have nothing to wear. And as far as the whale butt and sucking in-been there, always there. I am so glad I don't have to date or find a husband now because I would be screwed, too bad for Matt. Matt and I were on your blog the other night and we were commenting on how boring our life is and how you two look like you are always up to fun things. Matt also couldn't say wnough about Casey. I guess you are a lucky girl, from what I hear. I too can't sit still to save my life. I find every reason to be moving and doing something and yet the jeans are still tight. Peace out!!!

Brenda said...

The picture of your Grandma and Grandpa is divine! You have a gift lady!

Liz said...

UMMMMMMM........was the whale a miniature.

Behunin Family said...

It was so fun to see you guys this weekend! You looked great, and I'm glad to hear you were sucking in. :) But I'm all for the uniform thing- I keep trying to talk people at work into it, but no takers there either. Boo! Come on, let's all just wear scrubs all the time, or a great pair of jeans with a black shirt? Well anyway, you looked great in whatever you were wearing. But you reminded me (as well as the picture of your closet!) that I have GOT to get some heels. Could I have been shorter surrounded by all you tall people this weekend? Geesh!
Can't wait to see pictures of baby Andrew.
That shot of G&G is great- I bet they'll love it! Thanks for the smiles, and the weekend re-cap! :)

Jon, Britt & the boys said...

Amy.... I loved your weekend updates! You make me laugh... I have had many a "melt down" over what to wear. But, you see now, I have good reason to. Love the pics! Jon and I want you to take our family pics for us!

Christine said...

You're crazy! You could literally wear a potato sack and you would still look good! Next thing you know, everyone would be wearing one.
I love the uniform idea though! Wouldn't that be great?? You wouldn't have to worry about what you're going to wear!